About Me

At Copper Mountain College, Phi Theta Kappa (an academic honors club) is hosting a seminar in room 119 on Saturday April 10th. More details will arrive as they are concluded.

Monday, March 22, 2010

What is I.T.

What is I.T.?
I.T. is a Seminar being held by Phi Theta Kappa at Copper Mountain College. But I.T. is more than that. I.T.'s an idea. The idea that our world is being transformed by the Information Technology, and that we have to figure out how to change with it. And yeah, I.T.'s an acrynom (Information Transformation)


When is I.T.?
April 10th at Copper Mountain College, starting in Room 119


How Long is I.T.?
10:00-2:30


Will I.T. Feed me?
Yes.


Why should I care about I.T.?
You should care for the same reason you care about the weather, presidential elections, and the cost of a movie ticket. You should care because I.T. affects your life.


Think about how you saw those awkward pictures your uncle posted on facebook a few too many hours at the pub on St. Patties day. Think about how when you Google something, there is corporation making decisions about what information shows up on your computer. Think about how you heard about the failed coup in Turkey. And if you didn't hear about it, well, that's something to think about.


You should care because Information is Transforming our world. You should care because I.T.'s coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment